Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's "Mantel"



I put together a Valentine's Day "mantel" earlier this week...I know it's not actually a mantel, it's the top of my bookcases, but it serves the same purpose as a mantel. Maybe faux mantel?
 
I didn't change too much, just added a few subtle things to hint at Valentine's: some sheet music, a bit of red, and hearts.
 

 
I made a simple banner with some jute upholstery webbing for the mirror.

 
Tulips and books covered with vintage sheet music.


 


 
We were in Dallas this past weekend, and I picked up a few antique books at an antique mall there that I love, and a few more that my mom gave me from her huge collection.
 


 
A little Valentine's tree with hearts and twine.
 



 
Some tea-dyed envelopes tied with a key...


Linking up with French Country Cottage

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. I love all the dreamy whites and neutrals.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I saw your feature at Design, Dining, & Diapers & had to pop over!! Your Valentine's Day mantel is just beautiful! I the the neutrals & natural elements you incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the details Hayley. Thank you so much for sharing at The Inspiration Gallery...xo

    ReplyDelete